Leanne's Reviews > Monsoon

Monsoon by Night Writer

Aug 25, 2012

bookshelves: coming-of-age, contemp-romance, favorites, hurt-comfort, kids, made-me-cry, mm, sweet, trauma-abuse, made-me-laugh, hot

Oh hell....August and Caden have been living very happily with me for the past two weeks and I'm so sorry to see them go!
God, I loved how the many, many complex layers that make up August are slowly revealed. At first, August seems hard, even brutal, but when the layers are peeled away, beneath it all lies a very vulnerable (actually, pretty fucked up, tbh) young man. Seeing him slowly open up and begin to hope...to realise that he can rise above his past, that he can protect his family and even find his own happiness- bloody marvelous!
This story ticks all the boxes for me. I hope that the reason it's been removed from free/online fiction status is that it's in the process of being published. I'd buy it.

PS- Thanks Eve : )
Now you've got to read it!
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monsoon.

message 1: by M (new) - rated it 3 stars

M I've been wanting to read this for ages because of Emma's review, but the link is broken. Did you find it somewhere else?

Leanne I was lucky ; P
It's bloody good so far- been reading outside all afternoon. Great to have some sun after all the rain, huh?

message 3: by M (new) - rated it 3 stars

M God yes! Those storms were awful, especially if you have to get out of bed. Have you seen the snow on the mountains?

Leanne Yes! Right on my doorstep- I'm in Somerset West : D It's melting fast though.

message 5: by M (new) - rated it 3 stars

M I can only imagine how cold it is. I'm in the southern suburbs and freezing half to death.

Emma Sea Leanne did you find this online somewhere else? I'd love to update the listing. Or did some thoughtful person make it into a mobi file

Leanne Yeah- a very kind person had copied it before it was removed ;D
Great story, huh? I LOVED it!

Emma Sea Leanne wrote: "Yeah- a very kind person had copied it before it was removed ;D
Great story, huh? I LOVED it!"

Yah, awesome! I'm very happy that it hasn't disappeared off the face of the earth.

message 9: by Ery (new) - added it

Ery Why must these stories disappear before I get a chance to read them?

What was the link? I'll go to that Internet archive thingy....