Kathleen (Kat) Smith's Reviews > Tidewater Inn

Tidewater Inn by Colleen Coble

Libby Holladay and her partner Nicole Ingram work together at a business called Hollsday Renovations. They work to convince owners to dramatically increase the value of their historic properties by entrusting them to Libby's expertise.

When Libby receives a phone call from Nicole telling her that her father, Ray Mitchell has left her some prime real estate worth millions in his will. In fact the entire west side of the island and the Tidewater Inn now belongs to her. The Tidewater Inn is only accessible by boat and it's right along the ocean. More than thrilled to get the chance to see the possibilities, Libby asks Nicole to set her up via a webcam to see the property she's about to inherit but Nicole also tells her that she has a half brother, Brent and half sister, Vanessa they she never knew about until today. Thinking she had no remaining family left, Libby is thrilled with the idea she might get a chance to know her brother and sister. In fact Nicole tells Libby that she will get Vanessa on the webcam when they meet at the lighthouse ruins where Vanessa is scheduled to show her around. Then she can see her before they actually met.

However when Libby pulls up the web cam link on her laptop she see's Nicole confronted by two men who inject her with a needle, and attempt to carry her off. As Libby attempts to call 911, she tries to record the video link but it goes dark before she can save anything. Using all her computer skills, she accidentally deletes the link from the computer. Now she has no proof to show the police. What will happen to Nicole and just why were these men after her? As she races to the Outer Banks to find Nicole, the mystery is about to intensify!

In the latest novel by Colleen Coble, Tidewater Inn is the first in the Hope Beach series, and immediately engages the readers adrenaline in this heart pounding suspense novel with a twist of intrigue and romance. When Libby arrives in the Outer Banks she is the first the police suspect in Nicole's disappearance and while they launch an investigation to prove her guilt, Libby has to launch her own search to find Nicole before she winds up dead. She enlists the help of Alec Bourne, Chief Petty Officer for the Coast Guard in her search along with trying to deal with her new found family who aren't please to learn that they are sharing their inheritance with a sister they never knew. This book is guaranteed to keep your interest at an all time high as the suspense grows as the tidewaters continue to rise!

I received Tidewater Inn by Colleen Coble compliments of Litfuse Publicity for my honest review and have to say there hasn't been one book that I've read by Colleen Coble that wasn't a winner in my opinion. This is a great series I can see developing because the cast of characters from Libby's new found family, to her warm and loving Aunt Pearl are guaranteed to make you want to keep coming back for more. I rate this one a 5 out of 5 stars and was up in the wee hours of the morning because I started reading it so late, I thought I would be able to put it down, but I couldn't! Sleep deprivation has never felt to good and so worth it too! I highly recommend this one if you love a bit of mystery with some intrigue, suspense and romance with the ocean as your backdrop!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tidewater Inn.