Jason Sanford's Reviews > The Well of Stars

The Well of Stars by Robert Reed

Aug 10, 2012

liked it

A good read, with lots of action and moments of philosophical insight which resonate with the reader. Lovers of Reed's Great Ship will enjoy this novel. My only complaint is that too many new loose threads appeared at the end of the novel, almost as if this was supposed to be the second book in a trilogy instead of a stand-alone novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Well of Stars.

Michael This was supposed to be part of a trilogy. The first book is called Morrow. The final book was planned out (Where the !eech were establishing themselves and the humans fought to take it over) and was sadly canceled.

-Michael

message 2: by Jason (last edited Sep 16, 2012 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jason Sanford I didn't know that, but it make sense. A shame the final book was cancelled b/c the cliff-hanger at the end makes the second book frustrating to read.

Michael I actually liked the way he kept the fact that he kept the bleak secret until the end of the book. The only frustration I had was finding out the third book is canceled. If you're interested, I found a place that sells used copies of Morrow (The first book in the series) for a penny plus shipping. (http://www.amazon.com/Marrow-Robert-R...)

I'm ordering another book in the series called Mere (All about... guess who... Mere...) I'll let you know how it is :]