Moonlight Gleam's Reviews > Breaking the Devil's Heart

Breaking the Devil's Heart by H.A. Goodman

Aug 10, 2012

Read in July, 2012

After having really enjoyed H.A. Goodman's first novel in the Logic of Demon's series, The Quest for Nadine’s Soul, I knew without a doubt that I wanted to read the second installment, Breaking The Devil’s Heart. I was pleasantly surprised with the novel having just one narrator this time around. It was much easier to follow one character’s observations rather than having to follow many at once. Like H.A. Goodman’s first novel, Breaking The Devil’s Heart addresses strong subject matter such as core values, the afterlife, and religious implications of Heaven versus Hell. The author’s writing style has also developed, skillfully intertwining these subjects along with added elements of accurate historical events. It’s all these elements combined that truly brought the story all together for me and made the novel surpass my expectations.

My favorite element of Breaking The Devil’s Heart as well as the first installment in the Logic of Demon’s series, is H.A. Goodman’s unique concept of the way Hell works. Just under the earth’s surface lies a team of agents and salesmen from Hell who play significant roles in this large organization referred to as “The Company”. Their main objective is to sell “The Formula” to those who are still among the living. In order to lour them over to the dark side, these salesmen sell "The Formula" by convincing their customers to act on their negative impulses and create chaos. H.A. Goodman takes this simple idea and executes it brilliantly! I also appreciated the author's careful attention to detail as it is evident that he devoted a lot of time into not only creating a unique concept, but to also incorporate profound underlying messages.

Breaking The Devil’s Heart is a fast-paced action-packed thriller, with many relateable and engaging characters. Want to read something unique, compelling, and thought provoking? I recommend picking up a copy of Breaking The Devil’s Heart, you won't be disappointed! H.A. Goodman, I am definitely looking forward to the next installment in the Logic of Demon's series!
Must Read! Highly Recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking the Devil's Heart.