Andrea Guy's Reviews > Faerie Cake Dead

Faerie Cake Dead by J.M. Griffin

Aug 11, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-reads, cozy-mystery, ebook, innovativebooktours, quick-reads, series
Read in August, 2012

I reviewed J.M. Griffin's Murder On Spyglass Lane awhile back and decided then that she was going to be an author that I wanted to watch out for. I'm glad I made that decision. I love cozy mysteries, and this one is a combination of two things I like, tasty treats and the paranormal, in this case faeries.

I also love quirky characters and that is Luna!

Her relationship with Devlin is a bit strange, I would have liked the characters to be more fleshed out so that their relationship might have been more plausible, but overall the story was cute.

My only gripe is that this story made me really hungry for cupcakes and there are none on hand. What a bummer. Actually this story will make you very hungry overall. The description of the cupcakes though will have any mortal salivating and probably a few faeries and pixies too.

It kept you guessing until the very end, whodunit, at least it did me, and the answer was a bit of a surprise.

This is a great story for those looking for a quick fun cozy! I can't wait for more of this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faerie Cake Dead.