Kimber Shook's Reviews > Dragon's Teeth

Dragon's Teeth by Suzanne van Rooyen

Aug 17, 12

Read from August 12 to 16, 2012

This book is set up in three parts with several POV's. The beginning was a slow start. I wasn't really connecting with the beginning characters. When I hit the back story, I was absolutely hooked. I found myself so engrossed that I had trouble putting my kindle down for the night. My heart literally was pumping so hard that I really couldn't wait until the next morning to start up again.

Cyrus is a detective that was hired by Benji wanting to know more about his parents. He was adopted and knew there was something different about him. Cyrus also decided it was best to follow Benji to find out more than what he divulged at their meeting. Smart move on his part.

In the back story, we learn there were soldiers bred to have the perfect body able to accept and carry out orders without hesitation. Two in particular, Kia and Nur, they were twins. They were allowed to both live ,even though twins were very rare in soldiers. These two proved to have a special bond and connection.

Nur, a female soldier, began developing and thinking on her own and acted out against the Order by disobeying a direct order as well as beating the crap out of her brother to prevent him from killing innocent women and children.

Nur was killed by the hands of her brother, Kia, a male soldier, At least this is the story the Enforcers pounded and tortured into his subconscious by very excessive and painful means of persuasion. Yes, I cringed.

Eventually the story reverts back to the present and again, the Author still held my interest and then some. I never had seen it coming. My heart was in overload.

I am not one for giving spoilers out. I do not like reading them in a review so I refuse to write too much that will totally give away the really awesome plot that is laid out in this story. I will admit that the ending had me trying to see if I had pages missing from my Kindle. The ending is definitely not what I expected at all and I loved it. However, there were several unanswered questions that left me without closure and I need closure... I beg for more Dragon's Teeth, please.......

This was a great Sci-fi/Dystopian read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon's Teeth.

08/12/2012 page 12