Julie H.'s Reviews > T is for Trespass

T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton

Nov 29, 2008

bookshelves: mystery

This latest entry in Sue Grafton's alphabet series is quite good. Those of us who have stuck it out with P.I. Kinsey Millhone over the years will welcome this book for any of several reasons. First, Kinsey has a truly worthy opponent in identity thief and elder abuser/fake LPN Solana Rojas. Equally important, Kinsey's often prickly (read: she-curmudgeonly) personality is slightly mellower than in past books. As is true with all of Grafton's books, this one is tightly written, the character development very solid, and Kinsey's non-stop interior monologue is as wry as ever. The elder abuse theme--and total failure of the system (including the aptly acronymed Domestic/Eder Abuse Telephone Hotline [DEATH] and associated "investigators" from the Tri-Counties Agency for the Prevention of Elder Abuse)--will scare the living cr*p out of readers with vulnerable older relatives who may be "in care" as the Brits say. Other than the first entries that got me hooked on this series in particular--and female PIs in general--I'd have to say that this is the best in the series so far. Grafton remains at the top of her game. Biding my time to see where she goes with "U."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read T is for Trespass.