Kierra's Reviews > Mind Games

Mind Games by Kiersten White

Jan 04, 2014

it was ok
Read in January, 2013

I didn't have particularly high expectations for this book, because White's Paranormalcy series were just eh(Well, I only read the first 2 books.). But, wow, this book disappointed even my low expectations.

This book is told in alternating perspectives in different time periods, which mainly resulted in me being bored throughout the book. The perspectives are told by Annie, the helpless sister, and Fia, the crazy sister. I'm not trying to be rude, but that is how I saw the sisters. If you need any help understanding that Fia is crazy, though, I'll tell you she killed a person with a chair, just because that person "might" kill Annie in the future. I sort of get that she was trying to prevent Annie from getting killed, but what the fuck? Just. Really.

The most annoying thing to me in a book is when the writing repeats things multiple times just for it to sound cool. It does not. sound cool. It just sounds stupid and crazy. Never mind, it fits Fia's character.

Annie was okay at first. Then after 10 pages of her view I just could not stand how annoying and unassuming she was.

The only thing that kept me from completely and totally hating this book was the ending. It took me slightly surprised, and I'm probably going to read the sequel just to see what happens. I would not call it a cliffhanger though.

Overall, this book was just a waste of potential. I mean, you could have made this book so good, but instead this author somehow made me hate pretty much everything in this book. By everything, I mean the plot, characters, how stupid all of them are, the romance(I'm not even going there today), so everything besides the ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind Games.

07/07/2013 marked as: read