John's Reviews > Fantasy Writer's Assistant and Other Stories

Fantasy Writer's Assistant and Other Stories by Jeffrey Ford

Nov 09, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, short_stories, sf-fantasy
Read in November, 2009

An amazing collection of short stories, the best of which tell the most strange, far-flung, fantastical stories with pathos and humanity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fantasy Writer's Assistant and Other Stories.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I just ordered this.

I've never read any Ford, and I'm looking forward to doing so.

John Let me know what you think - this was my first Ford, too, and I liked it so much I picked up two more (Empire of Ice Cream and Drowned Life) which I intend to get to in the coming months.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I will. While taking a look at his books on Amazon, I notice quite a few that look awesome. It seems kind of weird that I haven't checked him out yet.

How did you discover this book?

John It was featured on the shelf at one of my favorite bookstores here and I generally trust their taste. I'm usually more willing to take a chance on short story collections from writers I'm not familiar with.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool - I agree. Short stories are a great way to discover new authors.

John Since we're on the topic of short story collections by new authors, you might be interested in The Imago Sequence and Other Stories, which, judging by some of you book reviews, you might enjoy.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

That's been on my wish list for some time. I've quite a few mixed things about it, which is why I haven't rushed out to get it.