Renee's Reviews > I Hunt Killers

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga

Aug 10, 12

bookshelves: death-murder, fiction, favorites, horror, ya
Read in August, 2012

I Hunt Killers was probably the second best book I read this year. Not only was the plot line original, imaginative and interesting the characters were deep, well written and interesting, characters you could actually get behind.

I am really into serial killers, murder and forensics and have been since I was a little girl. I know, I’m a freak. And this book turned me on, yes, even creepier but bear with me. The author did his research and was able to not only write a convincing serial killer but a budding sociopath, touching on the fact that you can be a sociopath and not have to be a bad person. something I personally fight with.

There was humor, light and dark in this novel as well, after working in a funeral home you get used to there being death surrounded by laughter, it truly is the only way to get through that sometimes.

Through the novel the author always used respect, fear and awe when painting the different serial killers mentioned as well as the ones he created for the story line. While part of me hopes that he leaves this alone and does not write a sequel another part of me craves a second book with just as much delicious macabre and beautiful; despair, mayhem and agonized resolution.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Hunt Killers.