Ken Moten's Reviews > Much Ado about Nothing

Much Ado about Nothing by William Shakespeare

Oct 19, 14

bookshelves: shakespeare-stuff, plays
Read in August, 2012

I have to say, for my first Shakespeare comedy I enjoyed it. Everything was done well and I was kept very much involved with what was going on. Like most people I felt that the "secondary" couple Beatrice and Benedick stole the show with their interactions and crazy-sharped banter between themselves. I also laughed out a few EVERY TIME Dogberry spoke. Nothing to complain about with most of the protagonist although I will say some things about the antagonists:

They...didn't really make in impact. I mean Don John gave you in air of sinister but if that's the best he and his henchmen had in a revenge plot than it's no wonder Pedro and Claudio whipped his ass. I guess my complaint that the conflict not being complex enough should be taken within reason, this was a comedy and did not require villains of the caliber found in Shakespeare's tragedies and historical pieces. So in the end if there were a comedy to recommend from Shakespeare this would be it.

Really wished there was a Dogberry sequel.

(On a lesser a note I did look-up the meaning of the title. That Bard was a dirty freak)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Much Ado about Nothing.