Candace's Reviews > Fang Girl

Fang Girl by Helen Keeble

Aug 13, 12

Read from August 10 to 11, 2012

Fang Girl is a book you don't take too seriously. It's quite ridiculous and on the satirical side. But I gotta say that I don't think I have laughed this hard in ages. Seriously, don't drink anything while reading it, it's likely you'll snort it right out.

Jane wakes up buried in a coffin and she immediately knows she's a vampire. Her sire is even digging her up. Unfortunately she's chased off and Jane emerges on her own. But now what? Oh yeah, she calls her mum and dad. And while appropriate behavior occurs, with slight freaking out, this family quickly accepts things and even delves right in to help her figure this all out. With ridiculous experiments of what she 'eats' to testing out the vampire blood on a gold fish, her family is on the road (not literally) to learning everything about vamps.

Jane's matter of fact way of thinking will have you guffawing aloud as she realizes things that are pulled straight out of books. And as she discovers not all that is true, we are learning alongside her. I mean, some of these things are so ridiculous but absolutely hil-arious.

I had a lot of fun reading the book and I think the ridiculousness was the part I liked the most because the characters didn't really blow me away and the more serious aspects of the book didn't wow me. I still enjoyed this book and recommend it if you're looking for a satirical comedic ride. Its worth it for those laughs, trust me.

You can find this review and others like it on my blog at http://www.candacesbookblog.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fang Girl.

dateDown_arrow    newest »