steph 's Reviews > Sweet Deception

Sweet Deception by Heather Snow

Aug 10, 2012

bookshelves: books-read-in-2013, books-with-earls-dukes-viscounts, enjoyable, library-la-county, romance, romance-historical, romance-regency
Read from July 29 to 30, 2013

Ok yeah I liked this one more than the previous novel. I really fell for Derek and Emma and their history together. In particular, I liked the way they always talked to each other, they never hid things which was nice. The crime detective subplot was nice and I liked that Emma focused her energy into compiling statistics for crime, that was an interesting angle and one I haven't seen before in a historical heroine of this time.

I will say, the last 30 pages regarding the wrap up of the murder(s) and traitor(s) was a bit too EASY for me. Everything fell into place and was wrapped up too nicely which I thought didn't fit the rest of the book. Also, I am mad about the ending regarding where Derek and Emma chose to make their home. I don't feel like making a spoiler cut so I don't want to go into detail but I just didn't feel like it fit with their personalities, Emma in particular.

Those small quibbles aside, I really did enjoy this book and give it a strong 4/5.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Deception.

07/30/2013 marked as: read