Jenn Estepp's Reviews > Relish: My Life in the Kitchen

Relish by Lucy Knisley

Aug 10, 12

bookshelves: graphically-illustrated, memoirish
Read in August, 2012

I've been a fan of Knisely for ages (well, since the original publication of French Milk) and this one comes with recipes and all sorts of foodie tips and tricks, so: awesome. But do read it on a full stomach.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Relish.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura Aw, man! Did you score an advanced copy of this?! Jealous! Can't wait to read it!

Jenn Estepp Sort of. It was (is?) on either Netgalley or Edelweiss. I think Netgalley. And I totally thought of you when I read it, too, because this is right up your alley!

Laura I TOTALLY just requested it on Netgalley! Here's hoping!!!!

Laura So I got it...but, dammit, I cannot seem to get the darn thing on my computer! * head desk *

Jenn Estepp Argh! How frustrating! I do not find Adobe Digital to be the most user-friendly thing out there. So far I like it best with the iPad, which is how I read Relish, so if you have one - or another tablet - maybe that will work?

Laura JENN! You're a LIFESAVER! I was spending all this time tooling around with my laptop and I should've started with my iPad all along! Worked like a charm...

Jenn Estepp Hooray! I'm so glad that that worked for you! And bonus that, for me anyway, reading comics on a tablet mimics the experience of a "real" comic much more than on a laptop. Hope you like it and it was worth all the frustration.