Louisa's Reviews > A Week to Be Wicked

A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare

Aug 10, 12

bookshelves: 2012-favourites, 2012-read, historical-romance, swoon-worthy-book-boyfriends
Read from August 10 to 11, 2012

If there was a historical romance to rival Connie Brockway's As You Desire in being devastatingly romantic, lovely, passionate, witty and just all-round delicious, THIS IS IT!

I literally squealed out loud at certain parts. Seriously. I could chart the process of Colin and Minerva (or Matilda... Marissa... Melissandre...) falling in love, but more importantly how they came to understand and respect one another. Both were different as night and day, yet so achingly compatible. I cannot sing enough praises about the characterisation. Then there's the writing. And the madcap adventures. And the humour.

In her most tarty, breathy voice, she whispered, “Parabola.”
After a pause, his fingers squeezed hers. “Tessellation.”
“Binomial.”
“Why stop there? Trinomial.”
“Now that’s just wicked.”
“That’s nothing. I’ve been saving this one.” he leaned close to whisper in her ear. “Annulus.”

Oh my God why don't you actually exist Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne, Viscount of Smoking Hot Sexy Tortured Hilarity, I could read about you and Minerva forever. Even when I'm supposed to be studying for a huge test in two days' time and definitely shouldn't have stayed up past 1am just to finish this...

Totally, completely recommended. Swoon factor: off the charts. *sighs in utter joy*
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Week to Be Wicked.

Alex at Raiding Bookshelves Have you read the other Spindle Cover books? They don't really measure up to this one (which I unfortunately read first).

Louisa I did my ~research~ and most people seemed to enjoy this one the most, plus reading it out of order didn't seem to be a problem, so I haven't! I don't think I will either. Any other Tessa Dare recommendations?