Jackie's Reviews > Chosen

Chosen by P.C. Cast

Dec 01, 08

bookshelves: 5-star, pleasure-reading, series, vamps-and-other-paranormal-pleasure, ya
Read in November, 2008

This series just keeps getting better and better. The Casts are fearless about adding new dimensions to their beloved characters. I admire the creativity of their world--it's extremely well thought out and cohesive while blazing new paths in the vampiric realm. I really can't praise this series enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chosen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by KyleeJ (last edited Dec 01, 2008 07:33AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

KyleeJ I bought the 1st of this series for my oldest (she'll be 15 on the 28th) as a Christmas gift. My mom bought her the 2nd. I hope she likes them.

Jackie I'm flattered that I've been able to influence both of you. I'm confident that you won't be disappointed. The characters are smart, the situations ever changing. The good guys aren't always good, the bad guys aren't always bad. And, as I've said before, the Cast's aren't afraid to take their characters to new levels and through shocking plot twists.

I have't read any of the Night World series, but I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

message 3: by Azeria (last edited Aug 02, 2010 03:03PM) (new)

Azeria I believe I'm going to have to disagree with you. The characters hardly have any development at all, with only a few of them actually gaining some sort of personality check or major change in character.

After reading a couple of the books, I was bored by the constant repetition of scenes and idiotic banter between characters. At first I thought it would be a good read, but the cliche and sterotyping just made me want to throw it away.

I definitely don't want to recommend this to hard-core readers or any one who is looking for a good Vampire story.

message 4: by Janene (new)

Janene Great review, Jackie. I'm really glad you liked it because I just picked this one up at a library book sale. Is it a stand-alone or do I need to get the first ones?

message 5: by Cara (new) - rated it 1 star

Cara I have to disagree as well. In a nut shell, the writter is stuffing far to much, to fast. I think the idea is good but she needs to take the time to develop the main characters. Also if you need to repeat so much of what was in the previous books, then don't write it.

Katherine Mares I am so glad someone agrees with me.. Every keeps hating on these books but try are just plain incredible. People are so mundane sometimes..

message 7: by Janene (new)

Janene Because someone does not agree with you, or like the style book that you do, does not make them 'mundane'. You are basically saying you're the only one who knows what is a good read or not. Rather than name-call, why don't you tell us why you like these books so much. That would be much more useful...and mature.

Sarah G I love these books, don't know why people can't see how great they are!