Lynne Young's Reviews > A Seeking Heart

A Seeking Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Aug 10, 12

Read in August, 2012

This title was originally released in 2002 but I had never read it or any of the books in the series. I loved this book from the first page. It grabbed my attention and held it all the way through the book.

16 year old Samantha O'Brien, in an effort to escape an abusive home life, finds herself in Mountain Lake, Minnesota using the name Frances Welch and reluctantly becoming part of a family that not only shows love but gives love. Can Samantha learn to love from these people? Can she learn to trust and forgive?

Ms. Sawyer has never disappointed in writing an engaging, emotional, page turning, faith filled book. This book has all the elements - a young girl in trouble, a loving family, lots of emotional conflict, grace, forgiveness and faith.

I cannot wait to read the other two books in the Mountain Lake, Minnesota Trilogy. This book, while complete and stand alone, left me wanting to know more about the people of Mountain Lake, Minnesota. They are funny, compassionate, loving, faith filled (well most of them) and interesting people.

You will not be disappointed in this book! I highly recommend it!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Seeking Heart.