Michelle Karbon's Reviews > Blame

F 50x66
Aug 17, 2012

liked it
Read from August 10 to 17, 2012

This was an odd book. I did like the overall story of the book, the story is about Patsy, who wakes up and finds out that she was drunken driving and killed two people in her driveway- a mother and daughter Jehovah Witnesses coming to her house. First of all, she only gets 2 years in prison for her crime, and the book doesn't elaborate on her prison time too much, the timeline goes too fast. Second, the father/husband (Mark) of the two killed showed no indication of anger, she was instantly forgiven by Mark, he also visited her in prison to see how she was doing. I would have liked to see more of this story in the book. He shows up randomly in odd places (while she's at the supermarket, park, etc.). While the book is called "Blame", I don't get a sense that she blames herself for the crime, I feel like she went to prison, then is coming out of prison--she got her job back when she got out (she was an English professor at a local college). The story was unbelievable and would probably never happen in real life. I felt kind of awkward while reading because I felt that she would have served more time and spent more of the book reflecting on her actions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blame.