Lisa's Reviews > The Mystery of Mercy Close

The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes

Nov 05, 12

Yay!! The Walsh family are my favourite!! Please let it be amazing!!!
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mystery of Mercy Close.

11/02/2012 page 71
08/14/2013 marked as: read

Hegemb Sorry to say it's anything but exciting. The first ever Marian Keyes book that did nothing for me :-(

message 2: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa I actually gave up for now! I don't understand - she's usually so wonderful. Helen was just wrong somehow :(

message 3: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Gave up too! Just had no story line.

message 4: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa That's so heartbreaking Gemma. I don't understand why this one isn't so great.

message 5: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Harris I have never read this authors books before, do you miss out on a lot if u don't read all the other Walsh books?

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Sarah wrote: "I have never read this authors books before, do you miss out on a lot if u don't read all the other Walsh books?"

I am so sorry I never noticed this comment before!
You've probably already made a decision by now, but I would say just go for it. Marian Keyes does a fantastic job making her books "standalone" reads. They may make reference to past events, but it won't be much.

Jazmine Hmmm, glad to see I am not the only one that have given up. I haven't read all of the "Walsh's" but I am getting there. This is the first one that has disappointed me somehow. Sure, I have had a few laughs here and there, but it's not like Keyes...