Lauren (Shooting Stars Mag) Becker's Reviews > Life After Genius

Life After Genius by M. Ann Jacoby

Nov 28, 2008

Teddy is a genius. He graduated high school early and would have graduated college at the age of 18. That's right...he would have. Instead, Teddy (now known as Mead) is back home and refusing to reveal why. With his mom trying her hardest to get answers out of him, his father believing he shouldn't work at the furniture/funeral home with him, and his uncle putting Mead down any chance he can get....what will happen on this journey home?

I've read a lot of people's thoughts on this novel and many have asked me to post what I think about the ending....

But starting at the beginning, I really enjoyed the book. Mead is smart, but has a great sense of humor that sees him through the rough times in life. College is a time of discovery for Mead, but only nearing the end of his senior year when he befriends a boy named Herman, who Mead soon realizes he should never have trusted.

This book was a fast, interesting, sad, and humorous read all in one. However, back to the ending...it definitely leaves you wanting more and I'd be fine with it if there was going to be a sequel, though I don't think there is. Certain things aren't totally cleared up and the ending was simply a cliffhanger of sorts.

Beyond that though, I would recommend the book. It's a unique idea with a great main character...Just keep the odd ending in mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life After Genius.