Kelly Hart's Reviews > Take It Like a Vamp

Take it Like A Vamp
By: Candace Havens
Published by: Entangled Publishing, LLC
Reviewed by: Kelly H.

I loved, loved, loved this book! It was a fun, quick read which I had a lot of trouble putting down.
It was filled with interesting and entertaining characters which were incredibly hard not to fall in love with (and a few in hate with), and it left me totally wanting more.

With characters like the totally hot (although a little dumb in the girlfriend department, at times) Nick – who I may love just as much as Eric Northman -- his equally hot and charismatic buddy Linc, the sweet, yet strong Casey, her ex-Uncle, now Aunt Teddie, and the evil witch Alvinia, I was absolutely hooked.

As I finished I thought, Candace Havens should soooooo make this a series! I would totally read more books about Nick and Casey and this supernatural world she’s created!

Another aspect of this novel I enjoyed was the romantic part. Not only were there a few hot and sexy scenes, which I always love, the love story itself, was very engaging and very believable. Ms. Havens established that Casey and Nick were already very good friends right from the very beginning and I feel it made their falling in love completely plausible, authentic, and unrushed.

Finally, I found the book incredibly funny. The things the characters say to one another and the thoughts that went through both Casey and Nick’s minds were hilarious. Also, Ms. Havens added several references to current pop-culture, supernatural movies and TV shows – True Blood, Twilight, and Lost Girl, to name a few – and they often added to the overall hilarity of the thoughts and conversations which ensued.

Without a doubt, I would recommend this book. It was absolutely wonderful and that’s why I gave it five out of five stars.

Disclaimer: An eBook copy of this novel was supplied to me for review by the publisher and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion. I have not been paid to review this book.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take It Like a Vamp.