Immortal Fiction's Reviews > Dark Reunion

Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith

Nov 30, 08

bookshelves: own-ebooks, own-audio, local-library, older-teen-ya
Recommended to Immortal by: online reviews
Recommended for: teens, young adults, adults
Read in November, 2008, read count: 1

okay, so I finally got some surprising yet long overdue resolve on this one. I am mostly happy in the end of a long 4 book struggle, and I can see where this was a last minute idea of how to generate a 4th book. There are elements pulled together than came from hints laid out previously in other books. But I prefer the vampire romances over these "ghost stories". That's what I have to say the last two books became for me (The Fury and Dark Reunion). More ghosts than vamps in the way its told and unveiled as much as the setting and entities. I guess I realize now that this series is more of a paranormal mystery than a paranormal romance, except that the romance strings you along the entire series hoping one beautiful thing will come of the saga. I can acknowledge that it does, but it is friendship, genuine friends learning to trust, forgive and endure through anything. And the love is a bonus. But wanted more for Damon and I'll never be happy now so I almost wish we weren't constantly exposed to his vulnerable insides if he was never going to gain true resolve and love beyond a brother. But thank God he does gain that, by the end of book 3 and continuing.

This book is worth the read to resolve the other three and the series is worth enjoying for fun, for book clubs and sharing with friends. It doesn't reach the high end of my scale as memorable or exquisite, but earns a respectable, enjoyable place in vampire culture history!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Reunion.