♥Rachel♥'s Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Aug 09, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Smut Monday Club
Read from August 27 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy

Seduction and Snacks was flipping hilarious and sexy as hell!

Have you ever had an instant connection and attraction to someone? You get each other jokes, have the same taste in movies and music, and are enthralled by their stories? We’ll that’s what Claire and Carter have when they meet five years ago at a college frat party. Claire decides from this connection that Carter would be the perfect guy to take her V-card and then she can move on and immerse herself in college again. Yes, Carter is dreamy and gorgeous and funny and smart, but she has a plan for her life, and having a boyfriend as a distraction is not part of it. Life has a funny way of laughing at your plans and turning everything upside down. Life laughed at Claire that night, when on her first time of having sex, she becomes pregnant. Claire didn’t even bother to get Carter’s name, because, as I said, she had no plans of taking on a relationship.

Carter wakes up from having sex with a dream-girl who smells deliciously of chocolate, only to find that she took off. He tries to track her down without success and so he goes on with his life, never knowing what became of her.

Don’t worry, as fate would have it these two meet again and the HILARIOUS and sexy results are in the pages of Seduction and Snacks.

I was a little worried when I first started reading this story because Claire at first comes off a little too cynical but that quickly changes and I ended up loving this snarky girl. Gavin her four year old son has some of the funniest one-liners, sure to have you snorting and crying with laughter. That kid’s mouth could give a sailor a run for his money! Carter is just flat-out amazing and his nervous ramblings are completely entertaining and endearing at the same time! Here’s a bout of his foot-in-mouth disease:

“Shit. I didn’t sleep with your wife. Total mistake….I got confused. I meant to say I slept with your daughter.” I heard Liz groan and saw Claire’s mouth fall open. “But it’s not what you think,” I continued quickly. “I mean, we were both really, really drunk and I didn’t even know who she was until a minute ago.” Oh my God, stop. STOP! One of his eyebrows cocked and I swear I heard him crack his knuckles. “She smells like chocolate and I don’t like to be spanked,” I blurted out in a panic.

Trust me you’ll be laughing your behind off reading this, but also, you’ll come away with a happy satisfied feeling from this super sweet love story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

08/27/2012
1.0% "It's not like I hate my kid. I just strongly dislike other people's dirty faced, snotty nosed, sticky handed, screaming, puking, shitting, no-sleeping, whining, arguing, crying little humans. Give me a cat over a kid any day. You can open up a bag of Meow Mix, plop it down on the floor next to a bucket of water, go on vacation for a week..." 3 comments
08/28/2012
52.0% ""That was the hottest thing I've ever seen. I should have done that five years ago," Carter said with a smile."
06/10/2016 marked as: read

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ This book is funnnnnnyyy!

♥Rachel♥ Sooo good. You read it too, yay! :)

Laura I'm so happy everyone loved this one! :)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko So glad you enjoyed this one!!!

✿Alyssa✿ I'm so glad you loved this one Rachel! Fabulous review, by the way! I'm adding this one to my TBR List for sure! =)

♥Rachel♥ Thanks Alyssa. I'm sure you'll be giggling all the way through. It was nice and spicy as an added bonus! I look out for your review. :)

♥Rachel♥ I hope it doesn't mess with Carter and Claire's HEA. Chanda, you read it first, so you can warn me, deal? :)

♥Rachel♥ I'll keep an eye out then! :)

~Tina~ Awesome review Rach!!! Such a fun fun fun book! I can't wait for the sequel:)

♥Rachel♥ Thank you Tina! It was all kinds of raunchy but in the best possible and fun way! The spice was nice too. :)

~Tina~ Exactly lol. It's one of those books where you can't even see the flaws since your eyes are filled with tears from laughing your ass off so much! (view spoiler)

Laura Haha…Loved that bit with Carter! Wonderful review, Rachel! :)

♥Rachel♥ @Tina- you are so right! That part and so many other with that kid had me cracking up! I loved that Drew seemed to be on the same mental level with Garvin. Love the t-shirt he gave: "Hung like a five-yr old". Lol!!

@Laura-Thanks. Carter had me cracking up a bunch too. I like the ramblings when he was dreaming too. Just like Gavin. :)

Arlene Oh Carter where are you so I can find you??? Loved this book and your review. Perfect quote. I'm LMAO all over again. Great pick!

♥Rachel♥ Thanks Arlene. What a great SMC pick we had this week, right?! Hopefully the next one is good too. :)

Arlene I hope so too!