Aestas Book Blog's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Aug 14, 12

bookshelves: favorites

Okay guys, this is, hands down, the most HILARIOUS romance I have ever read!!!!

No book has EVER made me laugh this hard. I giggled, squeed, snorted, and cried with laughter to the point where I’d have to stop reading in order to catch my breath!! PURE FUN!

But the best part was that it wasn’t just a funny story – it had everything! It was oh-so-swoony with some seriously omg-fan-yourself H.O.T and steamy bedroom scenes and an absolutely heart-meltingly sweet and beautiful story about a family finding each other and coming together… just all-round WIN!! Easily one of my favorite reads of the year!

Claire doesn’t want kids. Ever. However, one drunken college party one-night-stand with a gorgeous swoony guy whose name she doesn’t even know later, she finds herself pregnant.

“I took eleventy-billion home pregnancy tests, after drinking a gallon of milk so I would have enough pee for all of them… [then] I Googled “milk and pregnancy tests” to make sure I didn’t just spend 37 minutes of my life staring in horror at positive pregnancy tests… because pasteurization messed with the hormones and created a false positive.
It doesn’t, just in case you were wondering.”

She searches everywhere trying to find the guy she slept with but with no luck. At the same time, we get the alternate POV from Carter (the gorgeous swoony guy she slept with) who also has been searching everywhere trying to find her. Fast forward 5 years later to present day, Claire is a single mom whose passion is baking but who now sells sex toys with her best friend so she can make money to care for her 4-year-old son, Gavin. Then one day, randomly, out of the blue, Carter shows up in her town and she then finds out that he too has been trying to find her since that night in college. Granted, he’s in a bit of shock to find out that he has a son, but soon takes it all in stride and wants nothing more than to be the best father he can be and finally get a shot to be with the girl he’s been dreaming about for the past 5 years.

Beware, I don’t think I’ve ever read the word ‘vagina’ (or ‘penis’) quite so many times. There is nothing subtle or delicate about this book, but it totally works in the context of how the story unfolds.

The characters were amazing, endearing and hysterical, the plot was fun and engaging, there was no bad guy, very little drama, no stupidity, the writing is witty, the sex is HOT (no ‘closed doors’ in this book!), and the story will undoubtedly warm your heart and leave you with a delightfully happy feeling

C’mon, doesn’t this make you laugh?!

"I decided… I was going to be a labor and delivery consultant. I was going to stand next to every single woman in labor and every time.. the woman’s husband said something stupid like, “Just breathe through the pain,” it would be my job to squeeze the living fuck out of their reproductive organs until they were curled up in the fetal position… and I’d say “Just breathe through the pain, asshole!”

I absolutely LOVED it! It has a very happy ending, but its clear that there is more to the story. When I got to the end, I stupidly sat there trying to flip the last page of my kindle over and over again cuz I couldn’t believe it had ended. Book 2 “Futures and Frosting” can’t come soon enough!

Seriously, everyone HAS to read it!! Highly recommended if you love to laugh!!!!

For more of my reviews, visit Aestas Book Blog

And come join the Aestas Book Blog Facebook Page

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

08/12/2012
6.0% "LOL! ...I took eleventy-billion home pregnancy tests, after drinking a gallon of milk so I would have enough pee for all of them... [then] I Googled "milk and pregnancy tests" to make sure I didn't just spend 37 minutes of my life staring in horror at positive pregnancy tests... because pasteurization messed with the hormones and created a false positive.
It doesn't, just in case you were wondering."
"
08/12/2012
8.0% "oh this book!! I decided... I was going to be a labor and delivery consultant. I was going to stand next to every single woman in labor and every time.. the woman's husband said something stupid like, "Just breathe through the pain," it would be my job to squeeze the living fuck out of their reproductive organs until they were curled up in the fetal position... and I'd say "Just breathe through the pain, asshole!"" 2 comments
08/12/2012
16.0% "Squee!!! Back to my book (and to it's duck-f*cking rabbits which apparently cannot be unseen lol!)"
08/12/2012
19.0% "OMG major LOLs going on here! I'm laughing so hard that tears are running down my face!! :D" 4 comments
08/12/2012
52.0% "Holy hell *fans self* that was HOTTT!!"
08/12/2012
85.0% "LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!! I wish I didn't have to go to bed now. But seriously, its brilliantly hilarious and totally sweet and swoony <3" 8 comments
08/13/2012
85.0% "Squee!!!! FINALLY back to my book. I've been wait all day to get back to this story! Bliss!"
08/13/2012
99.0% "That's it?!?? I want more!!!!!! I stupidly kept trying to flip the page on my kindle about 9 times before I realized the book was really over :( Love this author! Its review time :-)" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Awesome book....just finished and I would say it definitely is one of my favs of 2012.

message 2: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Aug 10, 2012 03:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog Cant wait! I'm going to read it after Breathe :D

message 3: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ My stomach muscles are currently aching from laughter. So this book is either really funny, or I'm hideously unfit - hmmm, a little of both I think!

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen abso-freaking-lutely HILARIOUS. One of my favorites for the year. I can't WAIT for book 2!

Aestas Book Blog Guys, is there a cliffhanger???

message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Nope - the ending was great!

Aestas Book Blog Ok whew!! :-)
Starting now

Jennifer Aestas....Nope no Cliffhanger and NO cheating!!!!!! Just a wonderful love story with a lot of laughs. The second book is a continuation of this story with all of the main characters with some new ones added in:) I can't wait!!!!!

Jennifer Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Aestas Book Blog Squeee!!!! I just started it and I'm already laughing myself silly :)

Jennifer The laughing won't stop, I laughed all the way up to the last line.

Happy Oh YEA you started!! SO good and hilarious!

Aestas Book Blog Everyone keeps telling me to so I figured I'd have to give it a shot :-)
Loving it so far. Hilarious!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog YAY! Loved this book. It was all kinds of crazy funny. LOL. Enjoy!

Jennifer Aestas ....just an FYI. The author Tara Sivec posted a teased on her goodreads page from the 2nd book Futures and Frosting. It is funny...it has Gavin in it:) I am glad you liked this book.

Aestas Book Blog Squeee!! I'm gonna check it out!!

I just posted the review too :)

message 17: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Awesome review!!! Bonus points to you for including both Carters too, LOL

Happy Seriously love who you pick! I don't know what you do for a living, but really this should be it! Casting for movies!!!

message 19: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen I'm bumping this way up my list!! Love your pics as usual, holding out on the entire review don't. Want too many spoilers. Will read it when I'm done. :)

Aestas Book Blog SQUEE!!! Thanks guys :)
I'm still going around my house giggle-snorting over various lines from this book that pop into my head :P

message 21: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen :D You crack me up!!!

message 23: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Great review! I adored this book as well!

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Excellent review Aestas, you have definitely made me want to read it..:D

message 25: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Aug 14, 2012 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog Thanks!!
It's so awesome! I ordered it in paperback for my favs shelf :-)

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Great review, Aestas! I remember reading this at night and trying to not laugh while my husband was asleep next to me. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. LOL.

Aestas Book Blog My husband kept coming in to check on my cuz I kept squeeing with laughter :p I could never read this book in public lol

message 28: by Dija (new) - rated it 1 star

Dija Awesome review! I'm going to have to give this one a try next time I'm in a bad mood and need a laugh. :D

message 29: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom : ) love the review I have to get this book !

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ i agree w/Yodamom! great review!

Aestas Book Blog thanks everyone <3 This book is totally amazing! Absolutely positive to put you in a great mood or as a pick-me-up after a particularly emotional read.

Jessica ok I guess I'm gonna have to get this one next, everyone keeps raving about it

Jennifer Aestas Book Blog wrote: "Thanks!!
It's so awesome! I ordered it in paperback for my favs shelf :-)"

I just did the same thing the other day...I just got it in the mail yesterday. I am glad I am not the only one who has a favs shelf. My husband thinks I am crazy. The only problem is I am filling up that favs shelf quickly:)

Aestas Book Blog @Jessica: yes! You really should bump this up the pile!

@ Jennifer: I love all my hard copy books but I think (with the exception of a few books), that my indie shelf is my fav of them all. I can't wait for my Amazon order to arrive in the mail :-) but I too am running out of room.. Pretty soon I think I'm gonna have to kick my husband's books out to make more room (teehee)

message 35: by Tiffany (new) - added it

Tiffany Loves Books Great review!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Excellent review - I so NEED to read this book! :)

GeNette I have to agree with you. This book is hilarious. i was looking for a new book to read and I saw the review on thins book and decided to read it.

Aestas Book Blog Thanks guys! I hope you all enjoy this book as much as I did :-)

Kristal Okay...just the two parts you quoted had me laughing, so I'm moving this one up my list. Thanks for the review!

Aestas Book Blog The whole book is like that! So much fun! ENjoy :)

Paula This is fan-freakin-tastic! Killin myself laughing! Your review is BANG ON!

Aestas Book Blog TARA SIVEC FANS!!! *SQUEE* Guess what?! There's going to be another Chocolate Lovers book following Drew and Jenny's story (I can imagine it'll be HILARIOUS!!) aaaaand, Tara is also starting a hot new Navy Seal series!! CAN'T WAIT!!

Here's what Tara said:

Since I've received a lot of questions about the future of The Chocolate Lovers Series, thought I would update everyone at once :) There will be one more installment - Drew and Jenny's book. I have no idea on a publication date at this point. Most likely not until 2013 since I only have 3 chapters so far & no title (Dumb and Dumber?). In the meantime, I will be publishing the first book in a romantic suspense series that is hot and full of Navy SEAL yumminess :) Those books will most likely be published under a pen name so no one confuses them for comedy and throws rotten vegetables at me. More news on that after Chicago. Love you all & thank you for your amazing support ♥♥♥

Tilly all these books make me laugh out load I cant say the best dildo the larma or the t shirts they all wear it gets better every book