Brenda's Reviews > Mindful of Him

Mindful of Him by Hollis Hughes

Aug 09, 12

Read in July, 2012

As much as he could be Rob McLain was prepared for the death of his father Al, whose body at the age of seventy had been ravaged by cancer. What sent him for a tailspin and questioning his faith in God was the fact that his mother Kate died but a few hours later after taking care of her beloved husband till the very end. A few years later he marries the woman of his dreams but something comes between them and they separate. As Rob loses his faith in God he decides to embark on a trek to follow the local river, little does he know that the journey will be a spiritual reawakening.

What an engaging story. The author's easy style of storytelling pulled me right into the story. As a fan of historical fiction the author easily reeled me in with this story. I found the spiritual turmoil that Rob found himself in after a series of life changing events seemed very realistic, and very relate able. I found myself enjoying the characters that Rob meets as he travels along the river, and the little lessons he learned as he traveled along. Overall a well written story that shares the message of who is really in control. It's one of those stories that had me hating to see it end but feeling satisfied when it did!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mindful of Him.