Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > While It Lasts

While It Lasts by Abbi Glines

Aug 09, 12

Read in August, 2012

Dear Abbi Glines,

I've been a reader of yours for sometime now. Even before Fifty Shades of Grey introduced my girly bits to a full blown bookgasm; I was a Glines reader. The sharp edge to your YA-writing style tends to posses a reader!

However, me and the actual stories have had quite the love/hate relationship. Imagine a hot guy that gets you all worked up, makes you feel it in all the right places, but every single time he finishes without ever giving you the big "O". Of course you still keep coming back because well, he's hot, he makes you tingle, and you ALWAYS enjoy yourself, but he repeatedly finishes before you do. So far, your books have made me feel "good" but no big "O".

While it Lasts was my big "O"! It's like daddy erotic novel got with mama YA-fiction and made a baby! One hot, emotionally charged YA-mature baby! I giggled, I blushed, I changed my knickers about 6 times! You made my eyes drip one page, then turned right around and made everything else drip the next!

You got rid of all things "fluff" and delivered a fast-paced, hit you in the heart, pantie dropping romance. There was no draggy bits or boring monologues. You pushed the limits of passion and emotion and left me very, very satisfied! That scene against the wall at that place towards the end. OMG! It was like cupid shot an arrow straight between my legs.

I know me and your books have had an indifferent relationship in the past, but I love your writing; always have. It's never failed to give me something worth reading. And now that you've got me coming, I will most definitely be coming back for more!

Sincerely,

Your Reader

Reviewed at http://toughcriticbookreviews.blogspo...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While It Lasts.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brennyn (new)

Brennyn Pieper Cute review!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Omg! I love the review Mollie! I plan to start this series this weekend:)

Michelle Too funny!

message 5: by Searock (last edited Aug 09, 2012 09:48PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Searock Millie wrote: OMG! It was like cupid shot an arrow straight between my legs.
(Oh please, oh please, oh please let there be a moment in my lifetime in which I can use this line!)
*applause*

Bridget This is seriously the greatest review ever!!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Alexis wrote: "Omg! I love the review Mollie! I plan to start this series this weekend:)"

It's the most erotic YA-book I've read :-)

Tough Critic Book Reviews Searock wrote: "Millie wrote: OMG! It was like cupid shot an arrow straight between my legs.
*applause*"

OH SHIT!! Did "Millie" steal my quote ;-)

Tough Critic Book Reviews Bridget wrote: "This is seriously the greatest review ever!!"

LOL! This made me smile!

Searock I never fail to fail at least a little bit on comments...

J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* Do you need to read the other books in the series first?

Tough Critic Book Reviews Searock wrote: "I never fail to fail at least a little bit on comments..."

No fail!! It made me laugh...always a good thing!

Tough Critic Book Reviews JAnne wrote: "Do you need to read the other books in the series first?"

No, they can all be read as stand-alones. Characters from Because of Low show up in While it Lasts so you know who's a couple and you get a little more of Cage's backstory but you can definitely read them out of order. I've only read books two and three :-) I would have totally been okay reading this one first!!!!!

J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* Okay cool, thanks. I had it on my WL and then saw that it was part of a series so I wasn't sure. I have only read one Abbi Glines book -- The Vincent Brothers and I only thought it was OK. But this one intrigued me.

message 15: by Aman (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aman JAnne wrote: "Okay cool, thanks. I had it on my WL and then saw that it was part of a series so I wasn't sure. I have only read one Abbi Glines book -- The Vincent Brothers and I only thought it was OK. But t..."

Even I didn't like the vincent boys, but this book is so good. I didn't believe it was by the same author.

J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* Thanks Aman! I will definitely give it a try. Thank goodness the Vincent Boys that I read was a free download! :)

Shannon (aka Readergirl) Need a cigarette, Mollie? Hehehe. I agree with you about this book. It was amazing.

message 18: by Airah ♔ (new)

Airah ♔ So this can be a stand-alone. Would like to read this one too! Thanks for the fun review Mollie!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Airah ♔ wrote: "So this can be a stand-alone. Would like to read this one too! Thanks for the fun review Mollie!"

Definitely can be a standalone. Has some cameos by some of her other characters, but you don't have to read those first. I still haven't read book one in the series.

message 20: by Airah ♔ (new)

Airah ♔ I usually avoid books in a series which I haven't started yet. Then I saw this from many faves shelf that I can't just simply ignore this one.

~Shay~ Do i have to read this whole series in order or can i just pick it up with this book? I looked at the others and this book is the one that caught my interest... hmm ??

**Manjula** I loved your review.. Esp the part about Daddy erotic novel and Mama YA fiction... ROFL

Allison This cracked me up!!

message 24: by Colette (new)

Colette Fantastic review.... very entertaining! LOL