Isamlq's Reviews > Losing Lila

Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson

Aug 12, 12

Read from August 09 to 10, 2012

Sooo.... let's keep this short, why don't we? Because, I fear I might very well be alone in not loving this one. If the first had me on the fence, where on one hand, the action was pretty good; yet on the other all the I love you, love you, love you moments got pretty awkward… then old, well, I had the very same issues in this one:

Sometimes she still read like that girl with school crush unsure about what to do with herself with him around. A lot of the dama in this department is because they fail to talk to each other... I just didn't get it. Plus there were some over the top moments like with her comparisons that felt funny instead of sexy (that instance of her likening his resolve to a nuclear bunker… ayayay! Her youth was showing.) And him! He felt… uhm... does him saying something along the line of ‘since you were five’ give you pause? Well, it did me… even with that teensy tiny age gap. Simply older guy with experience paired with girl who lacks the same fell just this side of meh for me.

On the bright side, the action hero feel is still present in this one! Except that somehow I felt it lacked a certain something since everything progressed simply too easily. Throwing in some family drama could have amped things up some more, things just didn’t.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing Lila.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roshini (new) - added it

Roshini I want!:-)

message 2: by Roshini (last edited Aug 13, 2012 06:36PM) (new) - added it

Roshini Oh no, I'm actually dying to read it:-( That bad?

Isamlq Roshini wrote: "Oh no, I'm actually dying to read it:-( That bad?"

Rosh! It's likely just me. You should give it a go since I see that its getting lots of love from other readers.

message 4: by Roshini (new) - added it

Roshini Okie dokey:-) Will let you know what I think!