Andrea's Reviews > Letting Go

Letting Go by Kendall Grey

Aug 09, 12

Letting Go is another beautiful Ephemera short story from Kendall Grey. I love that she is using the Ephemera stories to go back into Inhale and give the reader more insight into her characters and their back story.

Letting Go travels twenty(ish)years back in time. Zoe is struggling to survive under her mother's frigid rule. I always knew Zoe had a difficult upbringing, but I never understand just how unhappy she was as a child. Letting Go helped me to understand why Zoe works so hard as an adult; all that she had to overcome. And it gives a bit of insight as to why Zoe is so hesitant to accept Gavin's (future)affections. Oh, and the whales. We all know that Zoe's world revolves around her plight to protect these magnificent creatures. That is beautifully touched upon at the end of this story. Tears. It gave me lots of happy tears.

Letting Go also happens to be the story of the falcon. If you've read the series, you know exactly what I'm referring to. The falcon, and it's tie between Gavin and Zoe is one of my favorite themes in the Just Breathe series. The story and the magic Grey weaves in Letting Go simply took my breath away.

I didn't know how I was to last until November, which Just Breathe releases. So I am very, very grateful to author Kendall Grey for creating these stories. I fall further in love with Just Breathe world, the characters, and her writing with each one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Letting Go.