Ashley Chen's Reviews > Heirs of Prophecy

Heirs of Prophecy by Michael A. Rothman

Sep 24, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, must-review
Read in September, 2012

This book reminded me of The Pendragon Adventures Series, Gregor the Overlander, and the Mother-Earth Series. I just adore MG adventure, fantasy books! Seriously, one of my favourite genres. This book had it all, magic, powers, dwarves, elves, and many more! Oh, I recently watched Lord of the Rings movies and I really felt this had aspects of LotR (more on this later).

What I love the most about the book was that it involved the whole family and not just the children (yes! Mother, and father!) I had never read a book where it included the whole family in the adventure. It was very interesting to see the parents react to the magical powers. The Riverton family was interesting. I really loved how the characters weren't perfect. I found a lot of main characters in MG were always perfect in one way or another. The brothers felt jealousy and difficulties. I really felt for them. They grew throughout the novel and I really, really felt they learnt some morals (I might be having a Naruto moment, be right back.) The Lancaster were the cutest, sweetest family ever! Think of the perfect fantasy family, yeah, that was them. When the families teamed up, it was like the perfect combination. Furthermore, they joined forces with dwarves, elves and ogres (this really reminded me of the Mother-Earth Series by Alan Tucker but also LotR).

Heirs of Prophecy was action-packed, and fast-paced. There was friendship, adventure, and love. I definitely recommend this book to fans of MG fantasy!

And yes! The book was told in a third person point of view so it covered very angle. :) It is my favourite point of view. Love, love, love!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heirs of Prophecy.