Farrah's Reviews > The Iron Traitor

Aug 23, 13

bookshelves: favorite-series, favorites
Read in August, 2013

You see this:

That is how I felt after finishing this book. I mean, HOLY CLIFFHANGER, people! This. Book. Is. Amazing! And, now, after that ending, I think I might die if I don't get my hands on book 3 ASAP. LOVED THIS BOOK!

I'm writing this review about 2 weeks after finishing The Iron Traitor, and I'm still at a loss of what to say that could do this book justice. So, forgive me if I get a little incoherent or fangirl-y. I'll try to rein it in.

Let's start with Ethan.
He was amazing in this book. He was always a strong character, but he gets even stronger in this book in that he opens his mind and understands more. By that I mean, his view was very black and white before. Fae=bad. No ands, ifs, or buts. In this book, the lines start to blur for him and he comes to a better understanding about all the shades of gray in between. And, that's not mentioning how sweet he was to Kenzie. He may be a tough guy, but he definitely has a soft side and it was totally adorable. But, after that ending, I don't know what's going to happen to him. I think I might have died a little on the inside after what happened to him at the end. Just thinking about it now makes me want to cry and throw something across the room at the same time. To those who have yet to read the book, I'll say this about a million times in this review, but BEWARE THE ENDING.

I liked Kenzie even more in this book. She's a wonderful character. Even though she's the one who's dying, I think she'll be the one to outlive them all with the way things are going. Like Julie's other heroines, this girl is tough and she takes on everything that the fae world throws at her. She was brilliant.

We get to know Annwyl a lot more in this book, especially given her situation. You know, the threat of her fading from existence since she was banished for the Nevernever. I think the only word to describe her would be: sweet. She was such a genuinely sweet and nice character that is was impossible not to like her. And her situation broke my heart. Here's hoping that she manages to get a happy ending despite the odds.

Keirran.
I honestly don't know what to say about his character after everything that happened. He effed up big time. But before I go into a rant about how much I both love and hate him, I'll try to keep myself toned down.
Can I say that this boy is just like his father? Seriously, sometimes the way he acted was just so exactly like Ash that it was startling. Difference is that Ash knew when to stop. Keirran, unfortunately, didn't.
Ugh, I'm not even sure what to say about him. On one hand, I think he's amazing. His devotion to Annwyl was so heartwarming and adorable. And he was the very definition of bad ass.
On the other hand, I want to literally shake some sense into him. Or whack him upside the head.
Keirran, what were you thinking?! How could you do that!?
To what do I refer to? Several things, which is why I'm so at a loss of what to think. To say he screwed up is one thing, but he's well on his way to starting a war that could destroy both worlds. Ooh, I don't want to give anything away, but there's just so much I want to rant about! Let's put it this way. I've never had a character's actions rile me up so much. To the point that I was on the verge of throwing something across the room. And, even that's an understatement.

Again, we have cameos of our old favorites: Grim, Puck, Meghan, Ash. It's always great to see them again, just being so awesome.

The plot was fast paced. I was hooked, riveted, completely on the edge of my seat. Julie had a gift for getting me utterly absorbed in the world of her books and drawing me completely into the story. There are so many twists in this book that it would put a roller coaster to shame.

The ending. Oh my goodness, the ending. I don't think I've ever seen a cliffhanger so epic. But, come on Julie! Must you torture me?!?! There aren't even words to describe how I felt at that ending. I got to the last page, reread it literally 3 times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, then refused to believe that was really the end, frantically tried to turn the page in my Kindle, and when that didn't work, finally accepted the truth and developed anxiety for the next book. That was a cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers. I NEED to get the next book ASAP because I might just die of anxiety. Again, BEWARE THE ENDING!

The Iron Traitor was so completely EPIC, there aren't even words to describe how awesome it was. The twists and turns, the romance, the surprises, THE ENDING. It was all brilliant. Lovers of the Iron Fey series, you will love this book. It definitely doesn't disappoint the high expectation we had. For anyone else, I can't imagine why you haven't started this series yet, but you definitely need to get on that because it is earth shatteringly magnificent.

photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*Thanks to Netgalley and Harlequin Teen for a copy!
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Traitor.

08/16/2013 marked as: read

Aparajitabasu so totally agree with you ......