Vanessa's Reviews > Avoiding Commitment

Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde

Aug 23, 12

Read in August, 2012

Sigh, I don't even know where to begin. To say that this book stressed me out would be an understatement! I feel like it was me going through this disastrous relationship! lol

I was originally on team Jack but right now, I just really hate the guy! The fact that he could be such a heartless A** toward Lexi at times literally broke my heart to the point where I wasn't sure I could read anymore. It's definitely not your usual love story. It was by far the most angst filled story I've read, and I've read a lot of angst.

THERE MIGHT BE SPOILERS UP AHEAD!!

I HATE how Lexi just lets Jack use her! I hate how she keeps falling for his games and always ends up the "other woman". I'm not saying she is innocent by any means but to say the things he says to her after all their history is just cruel! I'd be heartbroken and she keeps forgiving him! He has absolutely no respect for her. I just don't understand why he can care so much about "crushing" his girlfriends etc but not care if he hurts lexi or not. It's obvious he only likes her for the "benefits", otherwise it wouldn't have been as easy to leave New York since it's never been that easy to leave any other one of his girlfriends. I just wish he would leave her alone so she can move on with her life. Ugh, so frustrating!!

And Becka, let me not get started on her! I despise the girl! lol. I really hope they don't end up married, even if Jack doesn't end up with Lexi, I rather him end up alone than with that conniving, horrible excuse of a woman!

I was hoping Jack would see Beckas true colors and realize that no one would ever get him like Lexi. I was hoping for change and of course a HEA. I thought perhaps Becka might have him threatened with his job so it was hard to just walk away, but I'm thinking that's not the case. And Lexi shouldn't be wanting to date Ramsey, the rest of her life is going to be a disaster if she has to constantly run into or be reminded of Jack, and Becka for that matter. She needs to get as far away as possible from that group of people. We will see what the second book brings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Avoiding Commitment.