Jeannie and Louis Rigod's Reviews > Never Say Pie

Never Say Pie by Carol Culver

Aug 10, 12

Read on August 09, 2012

Our want to be deputy, Hanna Denton, is back to baking her incredible pies and in the middle of a murder investigation, even though she has never met the victim.

Crystal Cove is running its first Food Fair. Naturally, The Upper Crust pie shop has a booth. Hanna is thrilled with the success of her pies and truly is fond of several other vendors and their products. In fact Hanna is absolutely happy for the first time in years.

Then, disaster strikes in the form of an anonymous food critic for the local small newspaper. This critic decides to lampoon several vendors, yup, our Hanna is among them. Hanna, being a woman of impulse, organizes a meeting of the vendors concerned and while they meet, the Police Chief, Sam comes to deliver the news that the food critic is dead! All are suspect!

Hanna tries, really tries to stay out of the investigation, but, as a woman of impulse just has to help Sam out.

There were laughs, yummy recipes, interesting characters, and I was surprised by the culprit and the reasoning behind the murder. This book is getting better and I'm looking forward to the next volume.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Say Pie.

08/09/2012 page 10