Iris's Reviews > The House

The House by Charlie Daye

Aug 22, 12

bookshelves: for-review, pnr, kindle
Recommended for: Anyone who enjoys romantic suspense more than they enjoy sleeping
Read from August 09 to 22, 2012

Ok, finally have time to come on and type this!

With a cover so innocuous as to normally be overlooked, I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked this up. As a matter of fact I had picked this book up weeks ago and completely forgotten I had it until I was asked to review it. It looked familiar, so I checked and lo and behold... I had downloaded it from Amazon and it had just been sitting there all this time. After reading it however, I'm claiming a momentary lapse of sanity for not reading it as soon as I downloaded it.

Daye does a phenomenal job of hooking you and pulling you into the story from the very tragic beginning. With a strong familial relationship and best friends who brave a psychotic ghost to help her, it's no wonder you root for Aria from the start. Even her co-workers and boss adore her! You want her to have a HEA with Dominick.

With enough twists and turns to keep you flipping the pages, I kicked myself the entire time for letting it sit on my pc for so long before reading it. The House has a little bit for everyone... Murder, suspense, romance and ghosts all wrapped up around a Native American curse. The only draw back that I found was sometimes over the top speech between Dominick and Aria. Every time I read "my love" I was thrown back to the first historical romance novel I read 20 years ago and I had to laugh at how ridiculous it all sounded. However, it didn't dampen my enjoyment of The House. If anything I had a hard time putting it down and found myself hoping that although Aria's story was told, maybe we'll hear Mel or Amy's stories soon as well.

I would definitely recommend that people pick this up and give it a try. You won't regret it. Can't wait to read more by this author.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House.

Charlie Daye Thanks for taking the time to read my story!