Jenre's Reviews > Little Squirrels Can Climb Tall Trees

2620867
Aug 10, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, m-m, romance
Read in August, 2012

I bought this on the strength of Tam's review and she pretty much sums up my feelings about it. At first I wasn't sure I was going to like it because the narrator is a bit manic, but after the first few pages I settled into the narrative and found the book to be sweet, cute and very amusing.

Kyle the 'tall tree' of the title was so lovely that I couldn't help warm to his naivety and charm. The way that Joseph (the squirrel in the title - but not a real squirrel!), worked to improve Kyle's self esteem was delightful and I also loved the way the dialogue zinged between them. Like many gay men (I'm assuming here and being very generalised), Joseph is totally obsessed with male body parts and sex in general, and this commands much of his thoughts. I thought it fit very well with Joseph as a character and once I'd adapted to the way his mind works I found it rather funny, but I can see how it might turn off some readers who prefer to focus on emotion rather than bodies. This is in no way a mushy romance, although it is very romantic and I liked it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Squirrels Can Climb Tall Trees.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tam Yes, Joseph's brain could be tiring, luckily he kind of settled down, but I just enjoyed reading it and you can't help but smile at their antics and it very much falls into the feel-good read category.

Jenre I loved how you described his brain as being like a squirrel jumping from tree to tree, or topic to topic in his case. It was good that he settled down a bit because I think I would have developed a headache otherwise!

Definitely a feel good read :).