Susan65's Reviews > Inferno

Inferno by Scarlet Blackwell

Aug 09, 2012

bookshelves: absolute-favorites
Read from August 09 to 10, 2012

If you're looking for cotton candy kisses and tender words, keep on walking. If you're looking for two very complicated men, who live for the moment without apology AND have a boat load of baggage...then you've come to the right place.

Zack was such a difficult character to like at first. I just wanted to shake some sense into him. Calling him an asshole would have been a compliment. But, as I got to know him, and as the story progressed,
he grew on me. I began to root for him at the end.

Dante is sex on legs. Everyone wanted him but no one loved him. How sad is that? Zack wanted him...wanted him in jail and in his bed. What the hell was he thinking? Dante is an addiction to many men, Zack being the most addicted. His back story is tragic and sad but I wanted more details. Dante is one of my new fave characters.

Dante and Zack together were like a volcano on the verge of eruption...and just as toxic.

The majority of this story is a murder mystery with their budding romance (if you can call it that) thrown on top. The mystery does not take away from their story but actually makes it more intense.

This story will not be for everyone, but I was drawn in immediately and could not put it down until it was finished. I loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inferno.

08/09/2012
08/27/2016 marked as: read

Tina I know, right!

Susan65 I could not put it down.

R.B. Susan65 Cougar wrote: "I could not put it down."

same here :-D

Tina As my son says, "Mom is that an all nighter?" Yes it is!

Susan65 Now comes the task of actually writing the review...not even sure where to start.

message 6: by Isabel (new) - added it

Isabel Wow 5*, this book has gotta be real good... have to move it up my list :D

Susan65 It's not a sweet, fluffy read...at all. But it pulls you in and doesn't let go.

Tina Good review. I agree and I totally loved this one myself!

Susan65 I like Scarlet

message 10: by Gigi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gigi Cotton candy? Fuck that shit! Bring on the sex on legs, complicated men and excessive baggage! Now I just need a solid check of time to read this puppy, uninterrupted.

Great review Susan!

message 11: by Susan65 (last edited May 16, 2013 11:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan65 Lmao...no cotton candy here chica