Don's Reviews > Spark

Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan

Aug 21, 12

bookshelves: adventure, amazing, classic-sci-fi, danger, enjoyable, entertainment, fantasy, fiction, fictional-history, intrigue, sci-fi, science-fiction, sf, space
Read from August 09 to 21, 2012

My utmost thanks directed towards Ms. Ryan, her staff, and all the wonderful people at the Publishing House of St. Martin's Press.

The plight of the Starship Empyrean is continued with SPARK, the 2nd volume of Ms. Ryan's grand Science Fiction series: Sky Chasers. The characters we first met in GLOW are again forced into situations beyond their abilities to fully correct and thus take revenge for the wrongs previously inflicted upon them. Unknown to the young crew of the Empyrean is a far greater danger now within their amidst and the outcome becomes more deadly and ultimately leads up to yet more devastation.

Fantastic Story! Reminds me of Lord Of The Flies where due to unfortunate circumstances children are made to become responsible for their own survival. Except this takes place among the Stars, traveling to a new, hopefully sustainable world.

I did like the Hunger Games, BUT THIS SERIES IS RESOUNDINGLY BETTER!

Move aside Suzanne Collins! There's a new player out there and her name is Amy Kathleen Ryan.

I do have to admit there is one thing I really and truly do hate about this book: I finished it and now have to wait for the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spark.