Theresa's Reviews > Short-Straw Bride

Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Aug 09, 12

Recommended to Theresa by: Bethany House Publishing
Recommended for: everyone who loves a good romance novel
Read from August 06 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I loved this book. It was set in Texas and is a story about Travis and Meredith who meet when they are children and fall in love at first sight. They are separated by time and family issues but when she comes to his farm to warn him years later of an attempt by her "so-called" fiance to burn his barn down, they both realize that they have carried a torch for the other for years. Her uncle is not happy to find her at Travis's ranch with his 4 brothers because she is to marry someone who will make her uncle's business profitable again. Travis is forced to marry her because of "appearances". The book is charming, funny and heartfelt. I can honestly say I laughed out loud many times while reading this. Meri's aunt never thought of her as anything but a cripple so her self-esteem was very low. She thought who ever married her would be settling and never truly love her. It is a very well written book with great character development and the story is so compelling that I could not put it down! It is a book that I will definately be reading again! I was given a copy of this book by Bethany House publishing for free. In return all they wanted was an honest opinion of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Short-Straw Bride.