Cindi's Reviews > And Then I Met Him

And Then I Met Him by L. Arthur

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: m-m, free, 2012, fanfiction
Read on August 09, 2012

This was a good story about Sebastian, a 20 year old man who is lonely and convinced he'll never find the love of his life. He's dated a few girls but none have been the one. He buries himself in work in order to take his mind off of his lonely life. Then he meets Eli. Eli is 17 and has a miserable life. His dad is AWOL. His mother abandons him for her job, not caring much (in my opinion) if the kid lived or died. He's angry all the time and he lashes out both physically and emotionally. This is his way of hiding his pain. Sebastian wants to save him, to protect him. Eli fights him every step of the way. He's a scared kid who is convinced that he will end up being abandoned again if he allows himself to care too much. Once Sebastian begins seeing Eli as more than a kid he wants to protect and he actually starts having feelings for him, the story finally starts moving along. Granted, it is not an easy road as Sebastian has never even considered having any type of attraction to a male. He has dated women and enjoyed them sexually. But there is something about Eli.

I really enjoyed this a lot. There are a few secondary characters that I couldn't decide if I liked or not but they weren't in the story for too long so it was okay to be neutral as far as they were concerned. I normally do not have an issue with age in the books I read but I did find it to be a little strange reading about a 17 year old boy having pretty graphic sex (view spoiler). The story progressed perfectly. Sebastian battles with himself a bit before he finally gives in to his feelings, though the relationship does happen quite fast. Eli has severe anger issues (view spoiler) but he is able to calm down when Sebastian is around. There is some violence, well-meaning (yet annoying at times) friends, homophobic idiots and a cute kid named Matty (you can't read about Matty and not adore him...seriously). Eli's mother, while part of the story and why Eli is the way he is, is not in the story much but she has a huge impact (view spoiler).

Overall, an excellent read. I definitely enjoyed watching Sebastian finally find the one, even if it wasn't what he was expecting. And I loved watching Eli learn to love and learn to trust (even if he was only 17).
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then I Met Him.