Christi Snow's Reviews > Trained for Seduction

Trained for Seduction by Mia Downing

Aug 10, 12

Read in August, 2012

My Review:

I have read some amazing books lately, but this is the first one in a long time that has so completely blown me away. And the thing is, it was an immediate thing...10% into this book, I knew it was going to be an incredible read. This is one of those books where you HATE to see that you are getting close to the end because you don't want it to end. So good!!!

Emma was a brilliant person, but grew up completely under the thumb of her father...basically trapped to do his "evil bidding". She was his genius child and was trapped working in his lab building bombs...bombs she thought she was building for the US. It turns out she was wrong although she didn't find that out until later. She finally worked up the courage to escape all that the night she met Chase and found out that her father valued her even less than she originally knew.

When Chase met Emma, he was undercover trying to entrap her father in an illegal arms deal. He was told Emma was his birthday present. That seduction made it to third base before Emma knocked him out cold and escaped. For both of them, that night was haunting. In the year since, Emma's father has died in a plane crash that almost killed her too. The US government informed her that she either go to work for them for 10 years or go to prison. In the year since, they've reformed her into super-spy Kate. The only problem, she still has her virginity and that won't work because her first mission requires her to seduce. It's Chase's job as her boss to take care of that problem.

Chase knows that he should give her over to someone else to take care of her virginity, but the idea literally makes him feel ill. She doesn't realize it, but he's been watching over her for the last year and he's definitely heavily emotionally involved.

This book is so good, because Chase is so torn. He can't resist the pull to Kate, but knows that he absolutely is going to crush her in the end. Her mission guarantees almost certain death. She'll never forgive him for that and what she'll have to do before that and he's not going to survive her dying. Every moment of this book pulled at my gut and my heart. OMG, it is so emotional and so perfectly written. From Chase with all his emotions that he simply doesn't know what to do with, to Kate who is so incredibly smart and trying to be tough in the face of all HER emotions, to Jake who is watching both of these people whom he loves get torn apart.

Hmm, I haven't mentioned Jake yet have I? He's Kate's partner and her best friend. He's also been Chase's best friend for years. Something happened to them in Paris that haunts the both of them, while at the same time, giving them an incredible bond. They are absolutely brothers in every sense but blood.

Everything about this book was amazing. It's incredibly erotic, highly suspenseful, and just so freaking good and romantic. I'm buying it in print and counting down the days until October when Jake's book comes out. I cannot recommend this one enough. If you love suspense, if you love erotica, if you love angst, if you just love an incredible emotional story....YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!!!

I received a complementary copy of this book in return for an honest review.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trained for Seduction.