Kathleen's Reviews > A Scandalous Affair

Character Rating-4 Stars
Romance Rating-3.5 Stars
Heat Level-3 Stars
Overall Rating-4 Stars

I really enjoyed this story, although I wished that it would have been a little bit longer. This is the second short HOT historical romance that I have read by this author. It's too bad, considering the talent she has, that she doesn’t write full length books.

The story was interesting and I did not want to put the book down. The heroine, Daphne, was a 33 year old widow who has been married to an older man. Her husband had been kind to her, so it was not a bad marriage, but left Daphne feeling that passion just did not exist. That is, until she sees Lord Camden Hartwell and he takes her for a spin around the dance floor. Lord Hartwell has been nicknamed Lord Blackhart, because he stays to himself, and people think, he is snubbing them. Little do they know that he is just very shy, and has some other problems that make him uncomfortable in social settings.

It was wonderful reading how Camden came out of his shell with Daphne’s attention. There was only one sensuous love scene in this novella, and it was very well done. I certainly wished there would have been more, but once again the length didn’t allow it.

If you’re looking for a quick HOT historical read, this book would certainly hit the spot!

ARC courtesy of Carina Press publishing via NetGalley
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Scandalous Affair.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I love steamy historicals. Fabulous review, Kathleen.

Kathleen Kristen wrote: "I love steamy historicals. Fabulous review, Kathleen."

Thanks Kristen.