Sharakael's Reviews > The Science of Discworld

The Science of Discworld by Terry Pratchett

Dec 05, 08

bookshelves: discworld, science-fiction
Recommended for: People who like science and Discworld.
Read in January, 2004, read count: 1

While it's a clever idea to weave knowledge into the novel, the way it's done made the book feel disjointed... you'd have a chapter of Discworld wizards, followed by a chapter of cleverly written knowledge, followed by Discworld wizards and so on...

The fact that it breaks off the story in that way made the flow of the book somewhat disjointed... it took me a long time to finish the book, especially since the science part needed more concentration than I could afford when I was simply waiting for bus.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Science of Discworld.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina (new) - added it

Kristina You should read the book Vote for Caesar by Peter Jones (- How the ancient Greeks and Romans solved problems of today). I recommend it to you - it is very cohesive, readable and not at all disjointed - You would probably like it much better than this one.
It excellently compares ancient Rome and Greece with today's England. It's humorous, full of sarcasm and smart. A must-read.

Sharakael Kristina wrote: "You should read the book Vote for Caesar by Peter Jones (- How the ancient Greeks and Romans solved problems of today). I recommend it to you - it is very cohesive, readable and not at all disjoint..."

Will look for it the next time I go to Borders; thank you for the recommendation!