Tee loves Kyle Jacobson's Reviews > Promises

Promises by Amber Garr

Aug 09, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-summer-must-reads, blog-tour-review
Read in August, 2012

Promises is a FABULOUS read! Once I started reading it I could not put it down. I had to continue reading to see what would happen. I have the honor of being on The Syrenka Series Blog Tour and I have to say this series so far is AMAZING. There is something about Mermaids and Mermen that draws you in and you can't help but want to read and read until you get to the end. In Promises there are so many twists and turns you would have never thought but the way Amber weaves her story makes it fit nice and neat.

Eviana is not your average teenager. She is a mermaid who who is engaged to a mermen Kain but she is dating a Selkie Brendan. Her parents do not approve of their relationship which causes problems between them. They decide to run away to be together and once they do that a war starts to brew. Eviana is going to have to be strong and stand up for what she believes in but she is also a pawn in the war between clans. She will have to use her leadership status to bring the clans together.

What will Eviana do? Will she stay with the love of her life Brandan or will she marry her pre picked husband Kain? Eviana will have to be strong and make decisions that will effect more than just her and her true love. I have to say I really do love how Amber did this love triangle because both guys are perfect in every way so it is hard for Eviana to choose but She opened up to Kain in the end. So we will have to see in book two what happens between her and Kain.This is a summer must read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promises.