Ruth Hill's Reviews > The Choice

The Choice by Robert Whitlow

Aug 10, 12

bookshelves: e-books
Read from August 08 to 10, 2012

This was a book that I am so glad I read. Abortion is something very near to my heart. I have been an unashamed pro-life supporter for most of my life, and this book fit well into my belief system. It is a powerful book with a timeless message.

This book couldn't have picked a better starting year--my birth year. That caught my attention from the beginning. And Sandy was a fantastic character that I so enjoyed watching mature physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I was so glad she made the choice she did even though there was counseling on either side. I could never imagine being placed in her position. I always knew what the right decision should be for an unplanned teen pregnancy, but this put the decision into a real life situation.

When the story jumped ahead to 2008, I was quite pleased with the direction the story went. To see that Sandy continued to trust God and went on with her life was really neat. But the story was expertly written as it continued to take twists and turns. My emotions were played with on more than one occasion, but it was a fantastic ride. The ending nearly took me down one road, and I was prepared to accept it. And then the story took a 180 degree turn that truly astounded me!

There was a supernatural element of the story about which I was not quite sure, but in the end, it made perfect sense. While the gospel message was never spelled out, there is no doubt God was a major player in this story. The author is a master storyteller who writes with passion and intensity.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about social issues with a Christian worldview.

I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Choice.