Bookworm's Reviews > Leftovers

Leftovers by Laura Wiess

F 50x66
Aug 08, 12

It was a short, yet very intense book. These two girls, Blair and Ardith, are so real, so tough, so admirable! Yes, yes they do have their flaws and downsides, but that's what makes them all the more likable! It is extremely heartbreaking and real- it shocks and scares you to think that this could be happening to girls all over the world today. It's sickening. It makes your heart ache, head spin, and stomach drop all at the same time. The author, Mrs. Weiss, chose a very interesting point of view to tell the story. And I think I know why. I think she chose second point of view to put you into the characters shoes, tie the laces, and walk around in them for a day. Basically, to make it seem like you're the character, and you're the one getting hurt, and you're the one that thinks these thought and feels these feelings. It all just makes it come alive. It's fast paced and it's the example of INTENSE. By the end of the book, you go like WOAH! are these the same two girls that I was reading in the beginning? What? They just grow up with every word and you get to see-no,no EXPERIENCE, sorry- how innocence is lost, and how sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leftovers.