Dawnandwini's Reviews > Wings of the Wicked

Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton

Aug 08, 12

WOW! What a ride? I loved this installment; it was heart pounding, jaw dropping, swoon worthy and heart wrenching. Courtney Allison Moulton had me enthralled! Wings of the Wicked, is a non-stop, action packed, exciting sequel that's racy, dark, and emotionally riveting. Wings of the Wicked picks up a little while after Angelfire ended. Ellie still needs to find a way to stop Bastian from freeing the Enshi and essentially destroying the world. Problem is, how? And at what cause?
I love Loved the new mythos and the clarification of how the Enshi has so much power, I like how Moulton added the twist and surprises and I completely didn't see any of the new particulars coming! I like the fact that Ellie grew up a lot in this book and how the Author elaborated on the enigma that is Cadan. Also new creatures are introduced which seem really lethal but also were easy to imagine. And! The fight scenes! Magnificent! OMG!
Will and Ellie’s relationship, which in my option is the best part of this book, progressed into the next level. I was a little worried I thought that the entire book was going to become a love triangle, Angelic reaper and Demonic Reaper, (Will vs. Cadan) or Ellie lusting after Will and him not surrendering because of duty... but again I was contentedly wrong! Each romantic scene was unequivocally delightful, and Will doesn't stay resolute the entire novel! One thing I noticed about Will/Ellie, they are/were contented and cozy with each other in a way that didn't inevitably mean sexual. I love it! The ending though, was tragic and I hope it ends well…. Because WOW… that was…NOPE! It can’t be!
Wings of the Wicked pocketed everything I loved about Angelfire and amplified it by millions. Courtney Allison Moulton has written a sequel that has me on the edge of my sit and left me wanting more. NOW!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wings of the Wicked.