Suzanne's Reviews > The Enchanted Truth

3199097
Aug 14, 12

bookshelves: net-galley
Read on August 08, 2012

I received “The Enchanted Truth” as an ARC through Net-Galley. As always, I am grateful to the publishers and Net-Galley for the opportunity to read and review this book, and I never allow receiving a book for free to modify my opinion.

I chose to read this quick story, despite my general dislike for short stories, because I was promised a fairy tale for adults. All things considered, it was really pretty decent. There were several moments that made me giggle out loud, quoted below:

“The Prince next door was such a player…”
“He is “toadily” not for you”
“Her Highness swallowed her pride, threw on her big girl bustle, and stepped bravely into the world of single chickdom.”

While those lines were definitely funny, they didn’t take away from the fact that the story seemed underdeveloped, even for a short story, overall. This story didn’t really come off as a fairy tale for adults though, and felt more like a fairy tale for children with (very few) adult concepts thrown in. That isn’t to say it wasn’t enjoyable, but I feel like this story would be better marketed to young children. After all, it is never a bad thing to teach children they can be self sufficient, and happy just being who they are, without being reliant on a relationship.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Enchanted Truth.