Daisiemae's Reviews > When Love Comes Back Around

When Love Comes Back Around by Lisa Marie Davis

Dec 05, 2008

bookshelves: e-book, male-male-romance-erotica, books-read-in-2008, contemporary-romance
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I liked the cover
Recommended for: Anyone who loves a great M/M Reunion and Sweet Romance
Read in December, 2008 , read count: 2

I have a confession to make. I was first attracted to this book because I liked the cover. Looking at it you can see that it's definately not a sexually charged cover, but I really liked the sweetness of it. I mention this because the cover is alot like the book. There is a certain sweetness about the storyline and way the characters are written that I really enjoyed. Plus, it's a great reunion story with a happy ending...and we all love that don't we?

Royce Spaulding has just come back to town. A man that was raised on the wrong side of the tracks, he left his childhood home to start over nine years ago. The recent death of his Uncle and once guardian has forced him to return to the hometown he thought he would never return too. Royce has had a very abusive past (by his Uncle) and the loss of his first and one true love has gives him the incentive to get any business done quickly and get of the dodge without reliving painful memories-especially of Caden not believing in their love enough to fight for them to be together.

Caden Foster was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Despite being born to priviledge, he fell in love with his childhood best friend many years ago. Caden has been forced by his father to abandon any dreams he has for himself to persue his fathers asperations of Caden being in politics. Caden has been forced to live this lie for years, but when he discovers that Royce has returned home, he is determined to fight for the one thing in his life that mattered...Royce's love and friendship.

Watching Royce and Caden reunite and forgive had a sweet quality that I haven't read in a while. Both characters are very likeable and well developed. Neither are perfect, but are willing to work through their differences to be together. I enjoyed Caden finally standing up for himself and fighting for the life and love he wants, and Royce opening up his heart to forgive Caden and to encourage Caden to forgive himself.

A QUICK NOTE:
There is also a quick story I just read called "Christmas Traditions" (Christmas Themed) continuing Royce and Caden's story. They are now living in New York together and Caden is determined to give Royce the best Christmas he has ever had. Is is a sweet story too...I really loved both of these stories and look forward to reading more stories written by this author as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Love Comes Back Around.

12/04/2008 page 14

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-6 of 6) </span> <span class="smallText">(6 new)</span>

message 1: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Great review Shellie! ;)

H

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds like a good book, Shellie. I wish I could add it to my growing pile, LOL, bu I really, really need to stop reading! Ah, well, maybe I can add it to be read in 2009 some time!

message 3: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Thats really responsible of you Shawn! I just keep adding and adding, never to get to the end of my TBR pile...

Daisiemae Is there an end to the TBR pile? I don't see one in sight for me at least...lol.
I agree with Heather. At least Shawn is being responsible! When it comes to books...I don't know what responsibility is...lol.
Besides, if Shawn is reading that means she isn't writing...and I am addicted to her stories for her to stop!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL, too true. It is a way of procrastinating on the writing! Still I think I'll add this to get to at some point! Sounds like I would enjoy it

Lindsay You really did like the cover, huh? It is rather sweet isn't it?