All Things Urban Fantasy's Reviews > Blood of The Sorceress

Blood of The Sorceress by Maggie Shayne

Review Courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

With BLOOD OF THE SORCERESS, Maggie Shayne’s passionate and dramatic The Portal series concludes in the most intense, action packed, and deeply romantic book yet. Lilia and Demetrius’ love spans eons from Ancient Babylon to modern day New York, continuing the series themes of reincarnation, identity, and above all else redemption.

As much as I’ve enjoyed this series and its love conquers all message, there were a few parts that didn’t sit as well with me. There was a comment about the poor and downtrodden that implied that they were responsible for their plight due to negative thoughts, and that if they employed the ‘power of positive thinking’ all their problems would disappear. It smacked too much of THE SECRET and felt a little preachy for a paranormal romance.

That comment aside, Demetrius was by far my favorite hero in the series. He starts out as a true anti-hero (although I never saw him as quiet as ruthless and selfish as the description implies) and his slow awakening back to the man he was before he lost his soul was riveting. His journey was the most arduous and, at times, seemingly futile. Even with Lilia’s near obsessive determination to save him, I was concerned it wouldn’t be enough.

Of course this is a romance, so you can expect a truly satisfying–if hard won–happily ever after. BLOOD OF THE SORCERESS was a perfect ending to an enchanting series and I would recommend The Portal series to any fan of paranormal romance and epic love stories.

Sexual content: multiple sex scenes

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of The Sorceress.