Doreen's Reviews > Hello Goodbye Hello: A Circle of 101 Remarkable Meetings

Hello Goodbye Hello by Craig Brown

Sep 20, 12

Recommended to Doreen by: saw it on Goodreads, I think
Recommended for: no one really, it doesn't hold up to the hype
Read from September 01 to 20, 2012

Hmmm, a 2-star rating says a lot for those who know me! I was waiting to read this book when I noticed that a coworker, Sandy, was reading it. I asked her if she was enjoying it so far and her response was, "...yes, well...I mean, you'll see when you read it...not what I expected...". So, I'll be direct...this book was ONLY 'okay'.

I like the author's 101 gimmick, it's cute. Unfortunately, the meetings/stories are not very remarkable. Sure, the one with Hitler could have altered the course of history, but not many of the other stories are as consequential. This is an okay book if you read it one story at a time over a long period. It's better to enjoy one or two stories occasionally. Trying to read it from cover to cover without interruption would prove boring and impossible for many of us. The stories simply aren't "remarkable/fabulous/titillating/interesting" enough to 'hook' a reader. At least that is the case with me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hello Goodbye Hello.

09/01/2012 page 28
09/03/2012 page 94
24.0% "The individual accounts in this book are nice to read 'here and there'. It's a perfect book to read while reading other book(s)."
09/09/2012 page 127
33.0% "not exactly a "can't put it down book", but it's fine to read a few encounters here and there"