Pascale's Reviews > Twelve Sharp

Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich

Aug 08, 12

Read in September, 2007

First, I’ll admit a personal weakness: I actually laughed several times when reading one of the Stephanie Plum books last year. But that was last year, and a couple Stephanie Plum books ago. Words cannot describe the formulaic lack of imagination in this particular twelfth book: sitcom-quality one-liners, grotesque, stereotypical, clownish characters, and one particularly annoying Stephanie Plum, whom the reader wishes to die, so as to end this ridiculous series.
I got it! I too can write could write a Stephanie Plum book! Let’s see… Ah! (Annoying) Stephanie Plum dies in (insert whatever comical accident she routinely gets involved in, like apartment or car blow-up), and everyone has a party at the local funeral home, with cookies and refreshments, and, oops!, grandma Mazur “accidentally” opens the casket and mayhem ensues, haha!
Another fun scenario: since (annoying) Stephanie Plum can’t choose between the two men in her life, Joe Morelli, the nice policeman, and Ranger, the dangerous bounty hunter (yawn!), they somehow all move in together (due to usual apartment explosion), and trouble ensues…or not! Ranger and Morelli find out they like each other, and dump (annoying) Stephanie Plum.
Or else, my favorite: (annoying) Stephanie Plum gains 200 pounds from eating so many donuts and cheeseburgers; as a result, she can’t be a body hunter anymore, and ends up a couch potato with a bad perm, eating Twinkies while watching World Wide Wrestling matches on TV.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twelve Sharp.